How to measure word of mouth
Forrester’s “Three Steps to Measuring Social Media Marketing” suggests six categories of social media metrics:
1. User reach describes how far and wide your messages spread.
2. User impact describes how your efforts change consumers’ actions or opinions.
3. Volume of participation describes how many customers interact with your social initiatives.
4. Quality of participation describes the strength and depth of consumers’ interactions with your social initiatives.
5. Volume of energy describes how many consumers talk about your company and your products.
6. Quality of energy describes the nature of the opinions expressed by consumers who talk about you and the influence of those consumers.
Good ideas, and very similar to the Word of Mouth Metrics Terminology Framework we created at WOMMA in 2005: